- Malden: Monday, Nov. 5, 6 p.m., in the Malden Senior Center cafeteria, 7 Washington Street in Malden, Mass.
- Saugus: Wednesday, Nov. 7, 6:30 p.m., in the Saugus Town Hall auditorium, 298 Central Street, Saugus, Mass.
- Revere: Tuesday, Jan. 8, 6 p.m., Revere Society for Cultural and Historic Preservation, 108 Beach Street, Revere Mass.
- Everett: Tuesday, Nov. 20, 6:30 p.m., at City Hall, 484 Broadway, Everett, Mass.
- Lynn: Wednesday, Nov 28, 6:30 p.m., Lynn City Hall, 3 City Hall Square, Lynn, Mass.
A second round of public meetings on design work for the Northern Strand Community Trail are scheduled in Malden, Everett, Revere, and Saugus. The public is encouraged to come and share ideas on how to make improvements to the trail. In February the state announced it would award $1.5 million for design work, which includes design improvements for sections of the trail already open, as well as the long sought extension through Lynn. The funding will also be used to extend it in Everett through the Wynn Casino property where it will eventually connect to trails heading into Boston. The meetings are being billed as "listening sessions" where city and state officials and members of the landscape/architect company, Brown, Richardson and Rowe, will hear from residents about their ideas on improving street crossings; creating wayfinding signs; and providing landscape amenities and seating. Public meetings are scheduled as follows: